CASA Program Support
The positive impact of a CASA volunteer can change a child’s life.
The positive impact of a CASA volunteer on a child’s life is remarkable and substantiated. A child with a CASA/GAL volunteer is:
- More likely to find a safe, permanent home.
- More likely to be adopted.
- Half as likely to re-enter foster care.
- Substantially less likely to spend time in long-term foster care.
- More likely to have a plan for permanency.
Children with CASA volunteers get more help while in the system and are more likely to have a consistent, responsible adult presence. Notably:
- More services are ordered for the children.
- Volunteers spend significantly more time with the child than a paid guardian ad litem.
Children with CASA volunteers spend less time in foster care, whereas:
- Children without CASA involvement spend an average of over eight months longer in care, compared to children having CASA involvement.
Children with CASA volunteers do better in school. They are:
- More likely to pass all courses.
- Less likely to have poor conduct in school.
- Less likely to be expelled.
*Source: Evidence of Effectiveness article from the National CASA Association website.
VOICES Gas Card Gift Program
One of the many ways VOICES supports CASA volunteers is through its Gas Gift Card Program, which recognizes new CASAs and CASA volunteers driving the farthest each month in order to visit, support and advocate for their CASA child or children.
Thanks to a generous grant from Seasons for Sharing, VOICES is able to distribute these cards to volunteers (a little help goes a long way!). We are thankful to both organizations for making this program possible!
Annual Jingle & Mingle Holiday Gala
One of the year’s anticipated events (both by program staff and CASA volunteers) is Jingle & Mingle held each December. Here, CASA volunteers get to connect within their volunteer community, mingle with staff members and program coordinators, enjoy festive food and merriment, and choose a complimentary gift for there CASA children!
Always, there is laughter, good cheer, spirited encouragement, and heart-warming stories of advocates’ successes. If you are a CASA, Jingle & Mingle is one of the highlight events of the year!
Court Orientation for Department of Youth (CODY)
Going to Court can be daunting in the eyes of a child or adolescent. The Court Orientation for Department of Youth (CODY) is held monthly to serve as a “youth-friendly” introduction and explanation for youth in foster care. A friendly Judge is present to provide insights to the youth as to what to expect, who sits where, and the order of proceedings.